I was born in the 80s and was around computers from a young age, so my addiction to screens started early! I bought a dial-up modem with my very first paycheck and I’ve been hooked on the internet ever since. Now I make my living producing content that will get other people hooked too!
I’ve been writing for the web seriously since 2009, although I had some personal blogs going back in 2007. Since then I’ve written…
- blogs, articles, lists, essays, features, guides, tutorials, product descriptions, advertising copy, business reports, academic research papers, technical specifications…
- in 8,000 word papers, 150-word product descriptions, 140-character tweets, and everything in between…
- in a serious tone, in a jovial tone, in AP style, as a call to action, to build interest, to inform, to persuade, to amuse, to build an argument…
…you get the idea — I’ve done a lot of writing! Thousands of articles published, some under my own name, some ghostwritten for others.
I can use this experience and flexibility to help you get the content you’re looking for.
A bit more about my professional experience
I hold a bachelor’s degree in psychology and a master’s degree in positive psychology. In my working life I have been:
- Head of Content for a health and well-being/technology startup
- A data analyst in several organisations (I’m one of those weird people who actually likes statistics)
- A freelance web designer
- An assistant researcher in market research
- A researcher in a leadership consultancy
- A telesales agent
And here are a few random facts about me:
- I’ve been learning Spanish since what seems like forever, and I’m almost at the point where I’m not embarrassing myself (like the time my younger self got the word for “beautiful” mixed up with the word for “hairy.” Needless to say, my charm offensive was immediately halted in its tracks).
- I’m a fitness hobbyist, and I like to keep up on the latest weird trends in training and diet. I also train in two martial arts, Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu. All of this is necessary to balance out my overactive sweet tooth.
- In my first ever blog I documented month-long self-experiments, such as sleeping only four hours a day, eating a Paleo diet, and growing a moustache for Movember.
- I believe Fight Club is the greatest film ever made.
- I love to travel, and recently got back from an extended trip to South East Asia.
If you’ve read this far and want to talk about what I can write for you, or even if you just want to discuss the nuanced genius of Fight Club, contact me here: